Rebeca M Qzb

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Did not pay for job completed

We completed a roof for this company in Huntsville AL. Its been over a month ago. I have called Trisha White and MainStreet Renewals area manager for payment. nothing has been done still no update or payment. Aspen has done this several times to contractors. They lie to you and promise you a lot of things to end up not paying you.
Roberto C Kpr

| map-marker Knoxville, Tennessee

Had a roof and gutter installed at 406 Cedar Street louden Tn i

Aspen Contracting - Had a roof and gutter installed at 406 Cedar Street louden Tn i

It was a metal roof so the salesperson emailed me the color so we chose cocoa brown for both roof and gutter not knowing that there was another color chart for the gutter that the salesperson never emailed us so at end of the project my wife went down to see turn out that both are very different colors so we call nobody return the call into we refuse to pay then they said going to put a lean on the property then we a call from a general manager Mr Rob Tripp and said we chose the colors not accepting responsibility for the mistake that his salesperson did by not emailing us the gutter color chart which had closer match to the roof color That color chart was texted to me by Mr Tripp himself

Pros:
  • Hopefully the warranty
Cons:
  • Should be more customer oriented

Preferred solution: Refund the gutter or replace with the proper color

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company not very customer oriented

Guest

I want to remove this review we came amicable agreement with the company

map-marker Perry, Michigan

Run from this company!

They are storm chasers that hire the cheapest outfit to repair the damage. Wait and hire local! I make a big mistake and hired them. In the process of roof repair, they damaged my gutters and did not repair my roof properly, I had a independent two independent roofers tell me what they had done wrong. Stay away from this scammer company!
Charles H Oxk
map-marker Lees Summit, Missouri

Had a signed contract and job wasn't done

Had a signed contract with Aspen and from the start they did nothing they said they would do. They were to order materials and deliver to our house an install when we returned after an extended leave.

Upon returning home, no materials were ordered and called multiple times over several weeks to get an answer as to what was going on and got no return calls from my sales representative or general manager. Decided to call the home office in Missouri to voice my complaint and secretary took my call back information and said the owner would follow up with me.

I have heard nothing. Finally got a hold of my sales representative and he finally told me that they would not be doing my job as they were busy with houses in the southern part of my state.

Cons:
  • Wont return calls
  • Being lied too
  • Customer service

User's recommendation: Do not use

map-marker Houma, Louisiana

Aspen customer service

I live in Houma, LA and had a lot of damage from hurricane, Ida. We already on a list to have our roof replace with another contractor.

I told the Aspen rep this when he approached me in my yard; however, I explained I was still looking for someone to remove and reset my gutters and replace all my fascia. I wanted the gutters remove, so the roofers could add all the necessary material. Also, the fascia cannot be replace until the gutters are taken off. Again, I told Aspen rep that I had a roofer.

When I got my estimate from Aspen it included the roof, fascia, and gutter removal and reset. I called the Aspen rep and told him I did not need them for the roof and the conversation turned nasty. The rep stated he works on commission and if Aspen could not do the roof which was the higher paying job they did not want to any work at my house. Please be aware customers, Aspen seems to be only interest helping people fix their homes if it pays a lot of money.

All work should matter both small and big, but Aspen is only in it for the money. I'm glad I did not hire them after reading several reviews.

I would do my homework before hiring Aspen for any job. thanks

John C Dtk
map-marker West Palm Beach, Florida

As it stands in February 2021 we have a binding contract & permit which they are not honoring

BEWARE has not honored contract.

Entered contract to replace roof &;; gutters July 22, 2020.with $1,000 deposit. Promised completion by end of September.

When nothing was done by end August, I called and was told they were backed up with Covid and would start soon. Mid-September I asked if they got the permit yet. They said I needed to sign a 2nd form so they could apply and someone would be here soon with document (soon was early Oct).

I called and told them I had many leaks ruining the interior. I asked if they could at least put some tarps up said sure (never done).

Toward the end of October I could not get anyone in Florida to answer the phone. I then called the home office in Pennsylvania and was told the head of the Florida office would call me back quickly. He called back and said with Covid and Hurricane repairs in Louisiana, which were more lucrative labor was in short supply. He would let me know when they had a crew available.

When he finally got back to me in November, he said they would need to cancel contract because they quoted price too low

**As per contract all parties have to be in agreement in order to cancel and we would not agree. They then sent $1000 to us and we refused acceptance of letter.

So as it stands in February 2021 we have a binding contract & permit which they are not honoring.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Use another company

Aspen Contracting - Unskilled Labor - Image 2
Aspen Contracting - Unskilled Labor - Image 3
Aspen Contracting - Unskilled Labor - Image 4
Aspen Contracting - Unskilled Labor - Image 5

We hired Aspen to replace our metal roof on 9/19 the work started, on 9/22 we had a huge rain storm where our brand new roof was leaking in 4 spots. After inspection of the work they had performed it became apparent the roof was being installed incorrectly.

We spoke with the manufacture of the materials who confirmed the install was improper and has damaged the material. Misplaced screws, broken screws, visible holes in the roof, over-driven screws, seams not lining up when overlapped allowing water to enter the house.

After trying to resolve the issue with Patrick Nussbeck (Aspen) with no resolve, we told them not to continue the work.

All of the portion of brand new roof installed has to be torn off and replaced, due to improper install. Aspen has billed us for materials that are not usable due to damage from their improper install.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Preferred solution: Pick up your material and part ways.

Rachelle L Yhu

They ignored us off after the roofing job.

They started off real stong and acted like they were interested and cared. After the roofing job, they took the money and ran and quit coming around. Simply washed their hands of us. We need siding put on and are in limbo at this point. Very unprofessional. They also said they would do the gutters which was included in the quote. I ended up taking the sign out of my yard and at this point looking for another contracter.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Being lied too
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Have them be good on their word

Amanda D Chj
map-marker Jacksonville, North Carolina

Who is this? Is he a scammer in NC

Aspen Contracting - Who is this? Is he a scammer in NC
Well the guy came to do the estimate for our roof, he has our policy # and yet I have no idea why he would not have submitted the estimate to our insurance company. His phone number doesn’t match anything that I have been able to find. His license number, zilch his location nope. I plan on getting to the bottom of this. “I’m sorry, I only do roofing, siding & gutters. For the garage area and other I can’t help you.”
map-marker Swansboro, North Carolina

They ripped me off

I was in a wheelchair hurricane had just gone across my house. these people took my money filed insurance claims i did not know and still want more money they should be in jail sallielou
Susan O Cqw

Poor communication

Aspen Contracting - Poor communication
We had our roof done by them the summer of 2017. They did not inform us when they were coming to fix the roof and just showed up, woke my husband up because he works nights and put a big recycle bin in the driveway. Mind you my husband works nights so he had to quickly go move his car so he could get out for work later that day. We had to have them come back the next day to pick up all the nails that were left all over the yard. We have little dogs and they were finding them. We also STILL HAVE SOME LIFTING IN ONE CORNER THAT THEY NEVER CAME BACK TO FIX. They also had one side to fix with some siding and insisted that it was done and DEMANDED their money and took back the materials they were supposed to use. I came home one day from work and had some strange man going through my yard and checking to see what part they were suppose to have fixed. They do no communicate with their customers at all and they are very sloppy at their clean ups. So if they come to you and tell you they don’t leave a big recycle bin in your driveway overnight and they are very good at picking up after themselves don’t believe them, they are the worst at what they do and I WILL NEVER RECCOMEND THEM TO ANYBODY!!!!
Pros:
  • Owens corning shingles
Cons:
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Asharia Xtb

Customers are our number one focus, if you were not satisfied with any part of your project including what is mentioned here, We would like to address these concerns. Please call our office at 877-784-7663 to discuss this matter further.Thank you for communicating with us.Aspen Customer Service

reply icon Replying to comment of Asharia Xtb

Umm we have called numerous times and keep getting sent to someone else who says “we will come out and look at it and fix it” and no one calls to say they are coming and no one shows up. Your customer service sucks and we will never ever use you guys for anything!!!!!!

View more comments (1)
Odesser Rjr

Horrible

Took over a year to finally finish and they brought me back bent and still dented screens
Cons:
  • Being lied too
  • Customer service
map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Repeatedly calls

Approximately once a week I get repeated phone calls even though I have requested that my number be temoved from their calling list.

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

All the Truth About Manufactured Homes - Interview with L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach (Part 1)

Aug 18, 2020

What is a manufactured home? How much does it cost? Is it better than a conventional house? Tony Kovach is one of the key experts in the Manufactured Homes Industry with over 25 years of experience in the business. In this first video interview, he explains the basics that you should know about manufactured houses.

Read full article
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach

Tony Kovach is an MHProNews publisher and one of the key experts in the Manufactured Homes Industry with over 25 years of experience. He shares the latest industry insights and tips.

Worts roofing company

please all Irving and Dallas home owner be careful from this Aspen roofing company one of the worst ever roofing company I have ever seen. My roof only need minor repair but they told me it need full replacement asking me to pay my full deductible after insurance approved my claim. I told them to use all the money what the insurance gave me which is around 6k but on the top of that they need my deductible money. it is amazing. I almost got fooled. To make worst they are telling me they will send t collection for cancelation fee. I am working with my insurance to cancel the cliam it is only need minor repair. The house will only cost me around 5k to replace it, but they want to charge me 7k. They are very tricky company so please watch out and please avoid them and get different company. please do not let them near your house they are not trustworthy. please help me post this on all social media especial in Irving and Dallas area. Thanks
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Being lied too
Pricing issue
Kimmarie Meo

| map-marker Lees Summit, Missouri

Unqualified subs masked as professional.

After several sever hail storms hit my community of Las Vegas, NM The rolling advertisement caravan of trucks followed. They all came to my office door of the apartment complex I manage stating I need my roofs checked for hail damage.

I am not the owner nor have the authority to accept, so I turned them away with aswer,' I would discuss it with my boss and contact them later'. A lot of the scamming companies lacked the licence to continue working and were forced to leave town, save one, ACI/Aspen roofer. They obtained a lic# and the signs were everywhere. Then I incountered a sly sales rep with a big smile, pearly white chompers, flashy watch and affable persona in a local watering hole i frequent.

He had an ability to weezle his way into the community and convince the local,hard working, honest and trusting people of Las Vegas NM he was here to make necessary that insurance Co pay for storm damages. Soon after he solicited the help of well known individual(s) to refer ACI to a lot of local home owners regarding their pitiful roofing service. Over the course of a few weeks I felt I got to know this rep enough that speaking to each other was more personal than professional. One day he said he needed a place to house his subcontractors for a few months and trouble would not be an issue for thier anticipated stay, WRONG...

WRONG!!!! They lasted a 10 days and left criminal havoc in their wake. The forman and I negotiated 4-5 rooms in a single deal with a discounted rate. From that point on, nothing we agreed to was met by Aspen.

The rent payment was late and chased after by me, my breaker room was broken into, rent money was almost stolen from my payment drop box if i hadn't cought him and lastly $10,000 was stolen from an elderly resident's hand. The police were called and conducted a disapointing search of the alleged thieves room in question, persons and vehicle, yet nothing was found. The subs in the other rooms aided in hidding the money therefore no chargers could be filed. 2 hours after the police left so did the subs.

The elderly man was devastated. I successfully kicked out 3 of the 4 Aspen rented apt and lost money through the loss of intimidated local renters over the issue. Soon after the word had spread over social and mainstream media that ACI was not reinstalling HAVAC units by code. Furnaces were left disconnected from their relief vents after installed repairs were completed.

This kind of *** can kill people and all ACI did was react with aggression, intimidation and lies.

Aspen Inc are parasites hiring unqualified, unscreened and underpaid subs while the yes men are raking it in. Please hire local.

Guest

I'd like to contact this commenter for a story in the Las Vegas, NM newspaper. I can be reached at jbrooks@***.com

Guest

I'd like to contact this commenter for a story in the Las Vegas, NM newspaper.

View more comments (1)

Shoddy work, dodging responsibility

My roof is leaking only a few years after Aspen replaced it. Although there is supposedly ten-year warranty, the person at the local office says they never sent me the warranty, making it my fault that they do poor work and “lose” paperwork. I continually had to patch flat tires due to the nails that littered my property. I invested in a magnet, which their reps had assured me THEY would take care of. They conned a lot of people after a catastrophic hailstorm because the real contractors were booked solid.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article